where things become stagnant

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

bad mooding

Due to my stupid back, i'm once again in a bad mood.

My eyes scanned the table covered with school stuff and it suddenly occurred to me,

I've spent almost 12 years doing one thing that i don't like to do, but cannot refuse.

Studying.

It's true that as we proceed from primary school to jc, we gained much knowledge. However, don't you think we've been fed too much redundant stuff?

We study them just cause it's in the syllabus.

Everything is about the syllabus.

Yes yes, I know it's good to know more stuff! Nothing bad about that really.

But are you going to remember every single thing 10 years later?

Probably not!

Cause you don't go around talking about your hepatic portal vein and what's its function every single day.

If you tell any soul on the street about nephrons and their loop of Henle, how many will actually understand you??

Even if they do understand, what's so engaging about topics like ligands? Is your conversation going to be like that:

"HEY FRIEND! How are you doing? Are you bored? Oh! I've got really interesting stuff to tell you! Do you know why there's this colour change when you add NH3? It's cause of ligand exchange! blah blah blah."

Please don't scare your friends.

10 years from now, I'll prefer to talk about normal stuff like news? At least it's current affairs.

I'm not saying nobody is calculating the probability somewhere out there when I discuss about current affairs.

But i don't care cause i'm not interested in the probability of number of accidents occurring on a particular stretch of road.

Neither do i care whether binomial is discrete or continuous.

Will you care 10 years later?